The best easy and healthy chicken breast recipes with ideas for the slow cooker, grill, oven, stove-top, and more. All delicious, all healthy, all easy.
No more boring chicken breast recipes! Chicken breasts are a go-to for quick and healthy weeknight meals, but that doesn’t mean it has to be bland or boring.
It seems that every family is always on the lookout for healthy chicken breast recipes. As an affordable, quick cooking protein that is pretty much a blank canvas, chicken breasts are an ingredient most of us depend on at least a couple times a week.
1. Tomato Basil Chicken: This easy to make chicken breast is cooked in a tomato basil sauce with a touch of butter. It’s rich, filled with so much flavor, and one of our favorite special occasion meals. Serve it with pasta, creamy polenta, spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, or brown rice.
2. Stovetop Shredded Chicken Tacos: It is no secret that we love tacos over here and these simple shredded chicken tacos are ready in less than 20 minutes and cooked right on the stovetop. Add all your favorite toppings to make the best chicken tacos or use the chicken for salads, burritos, rice bowls, and more.
3. Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken: The cilantro and lime sauce for this chicken is so good I would literally eat it on anything. The chicken comes out juicy and every bite is packed with flavor. This is one of our favorite ways to grill chicken.
4. Slow Cooker Red Pepper Italian Chicken: When it comes to healthy slow cooker chicken dishes, move this to the top of your list. The chicken is slow cooked in a combination of peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and spices for the most amazing flavor. Serve it with rice, pasta, polenta, mashed cauliflower, cauliflower rice, spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles. Or smush it into a sandwich with some melted cheese.
5. Baked Chicken Fajitas: If you are not making chicken fajitas in the slow cooker, it is time to start. Simply dump everything in the crockpot and walk away. Come back, heat up some tortillas, and dinner is ready.
6. Healthy Kung Pao Chicken: This healthy spin on Chinese takeout tastes just as good as your favorite restaurant but is so much healthier. Plus it only takes 20 minutes to cook making it perfect for busy weeknights and even meal prep.
7. Chicken Cheese Steak Tacos: This mashup between chicken tacos and a cheese steak brings together the best of both worlds. Tender cooked chicken breast, peppers, onions, and melted cheese all piled high in a corn tortilla with your favorite salsa.
8. One Pan Spicy Peanut Chicken: Sheet pan meals are something everyone should have in their back pocket for busy nights. This recipe uses a delicious and slightly spicy homemade peanut sauce to add tons of flavor to the chicken and broccoli.
9. One Pot Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Broccoli Pasta: A twenty minute pasta dish where everything is cooked in one single pot -the pasta, the chicken, the broccoli, and the creamy sauce. The starch from the pasta is the key to making this creamy sauce without needing tons of cream or cheese.
10. Thai Red Coconut Curry with Chicken: With simple ingredients like canned coconut milk and Thai curry paste, you can make a dish that tastes like your favorite Thai restaurant in less than thirty minutes. Full of flavor, easy to make, and great for leftovers.
11. Grilled Chicken with Peach Salsa: This simple grilled chicken dish is taken up a level with a homemade peach salsa made with fresh peaches, cucumbers, red onion, and cilantro.
12. One Pan Honey Mustard Balsamic Chicken and Broccolini: This is another one pot dish that has the best honey, musatrd, and balsamic sauce. Use broccolini or any other veggie you like. Cooked and ready to go in less than 20 minutes.
13. Slow Cooker Tikka Masala with Cauliflower: This crockpot Indian Tikka Masala is an easy way to make Indian food at home. It has about half the calories and fat as the restaurant version and the leftovers are delicious. Serve with rice, Naan, or quinoa.
14. One Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken and Asparagus: This simple meal comes together in less than 30 minutes and has tons of lemon pepper flavor to kick up the chicken and fresh asparagus. We love this over some cooked brown rice so the rice can soak up the extra sauce.
15. Italian Pesto Chicken Bake: This meal couldn’t be easier to make. All you need is chicken breast, store-bought pesto, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Everything gets layered together and baked for the best tasting chicken.
16. Creamy Tomato, Chicken, and Spinach Soup: I love having soup in the fridge and freezer for quick and easy meals, especially lunches. This creamy chicken soup is basically a delicious tomato soup with chicken breast, spinach, and pasta. It’s so good.
17. Spicy Skillet Hoisin Chicken Breast: This slightly spicy and savory Chinese chicken dish uses hoisin and Sriracha to create tons of flavor without needing tons of ingredients. Ready in under 20 minutes.
18. Slow Cooker Tomato Balsamic Chicken: It’s amazing that with a few simple ingredients including diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and spinach you can get a moist and flavor packed chicken dish that everyone will love.
19. Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms and Thyme: This easy to make dish is made with chicken tenderloins and mushrooms with balsamic vinegar and thyme is ready in less than 20 minutes. Pair it with couscous, roasted potatoes, or rice.
20. Creamy Cajun Chicken Shells: This restaurant copycat dish has half the calories of the restaurant version without sacrificing any of the flavor. It’s creamy, slightly spicy, and a healthy veggie packed pasta dish that the whole family will devour.
21. Sesame Chicken with Broccoli: I love recreating restaurant dishes at home and this Chinese takeout copycat is so good. Tender chicken breast tossed in a sweet sauce made with sesame oil, soy sauce, and brown sugar paired with fresh broccoli is always a winner.
22. Grilled Basil Lime Chicken Breast: You won’t believe how much flavor you can add to chicken breast with this simple marinade of lime juice, basil, and garlic. Cooks up tender and delicious every time.
23. Slow Cooker Chicken in Chili Verde: There are so many ways to use this easy chicken dish that uses poblano peppers and onions to add tons of flavor with just the right amount of spice. Make tacos, burritos, or rice bowls.
24. Jalapeno Popper Chicken: All the flavors of jalapeno poppers spread on chicken breasts and baked in the oven until they are melted and cheesy and delicious. You don’t want to miss this dish.
25. Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken: Honey mustard makes the perfect glaze for griled chicken and is always popular with kids. Pair it with some grilled corn on the cob and grilled veggies.
26. Slow Cooker Coconut Basil Chicken: You will want to eat the coconut basil sauce in this recipe on just about everything. It tastes amazing and is perfect with a big bowl of brown rice or quinoa.
27. Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Chicken: The slightly spicy flavor of pepperonicinis gives this chicken tons of flavor and also ensures it stay nice and tender. Use it for sandwiches with melted cheese or pile it high on rice.
28. Sweet Chili Chicken Fingers: Chicken fingers are always a hit but this baked version with sweet chili sauce is easy to make and delicious. Serve it with some baked veggie fries.
29. Bang Bang Chicken: If you have never had bang bang chicken, you are in for a treat. It’s creamy and sweet and spicy all at the same time and goes great with salads, slaws, and lettuce wraps.
30. Honey Lime ChickenThis chicken gets a simple marinade of honey, lime, and cilantro. It comes out with the perfect grill marks and is so tasty.
31. Simple Baked Chicken Cutlets: If you love crispy chicken, then this recipe is for you. Baked crispy chicken cutlets in the oven that go with just about everything.
32. Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken Breasts: Brown sugar, garlic, and spice make the best rub for chicken breast and they will come out browned and crispy every time.
33. Buffalo Ranch Panko Baked Chicken Tenders:Another recipe for chicken fingers, this time with buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning. Believe me, you want to make these.
What are your favorite healthy chicken breast recipes?